Face masks or coverings will be worn by all residents, guests, and employees in the residence halls. A mask is not required when an individual is in their room alone or with their roommate(s) or guests, in designated mask-free rooms, when using the restroom to brush their teeth, groom their face, or shower, or while outside the building. However, masks are required in common areas (including bathrooms, kitchens, lounges, basements, stairwells, hallways, and elevators). All face coverings, whether disposable or reusable, must:
- Fully cover the nose and mouth;
- Either cover the chin or secure under the chin (open chin bandanas are not acceptable); and
- Be free of any holes (macramé’, crocheted, and knitted masks are prohibited).
Due to the transmittable nature of the omicron strain, well-fitting masks are important for prevention:
- Two or more layers;
- Completely cover the nose and mouth;
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face; and
- Have a nose wire
Residents requesting a mask accommodation should contact Disability Services to engage in the accommodation process.
Up to three N95 masks will be provided for each on-campus resident. They may be retrieved at your residence hall front desk and are voluntary to use. If you chose to use one of the provided N95 masks, we encourage you to review the information on the UW-Stout Sharepoint site.