UW-Stout's Bachelor of Science degree in Career, Technical Education, and Training is a nationally and internationally recognized program. This degree completion program provides instructors and non-instructors the opportunity to articulate an Associate’s Degree or Technical Diploma to a Bachelor's Degree by expanding their technical knowledge to include expertise in instruction, leadership, course construction, and evaluation.
The Career, Technical Education, and Training program is designed for working adults. Our curriculum will prepare you to teach in post-high school settings such as junior colleges, public and private technical colleges, and industrial training programs. As a graduate, you'll train and retrain adult workers in the critical skills needed to excel in today's workplace.
- Earn WTCS teaching certification
- Discipline-focused curriculum
- Option to earn a specialization in Training and Human Resource Development
- Maximum transferability of college credits from many of Wisconsin and Minnesota’s technical colleges
- Financial aid options available
With an earned associate's degree, this convenient online program allows students to complete their bachelor's degree in two years with year-round registration.
Graduates have gone on to teach in such diverse subject areas as automotive technology, laser technology, diesel technology, building construction, food service, machine technology, optometric assistant, drafting, dental assistant and many more. With 4,000 hours of work experience, graduates are able to be certified to teach in Wisconsin's 16 technical colleges. In addition, many opportunities exist to teach in private schools and in other states.
If your goal is to be a trainer in business or industry, our nationally recognized curriculum will provide all the coursework needed for industrial training. For your internship, you will serve in an industry-training program.
Use the Request Information form to receive a program summary and learn more about the Bachelor of Science degree in Career, Technical Education, and Training.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's online degree customized instruction (CI) tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.
Advisory Committee Members
|Suzanne||Bellman||Instructor||Fox Valley Technical College|
|Nancy||Chapko||UW-Stout Student and Instructional Designer||Gateway Technical College|
|Elisia||Gonsowski||HR Generalist||Riverside Machine|
|Jacob||Griggs||Instructor, Education Advocate and Media Specialist||Western Technical College|
|Tanna||Hanson||HR||Fox Valley Technical College|
|Shannen||Jochim||Student Services Advisor||UW-Stout Online|
|Anne||Kamps||Director of Learning Innovations||NWTC|
|Rachelle||Phakitthong||Chippewa Valley Technical College|
|Julia||Tronnier||Student Services Advisor||UW-Stout Online|
|Sandy||White||Student Services Advisor||UW-Stout Online|