General UW-Stout Graduate School Application
All prospective graduate students at UW-Stout must follow a standard application process through our Graduate School. Beyond that, each graduate program has specific requirements that must be met to be successfully admitted to the program:
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
To be admitted with full status to the program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Have earned an overall GPA of at least 2.75.
Program-Specific Application Requirements
To successfully apply for the program, first complete the UW System Application and receive your Application ID. Then, use this ID to fill out the UW-Stout Graduate Studies Collection Form, where you will provide the following:
- Goal Statement which demonstrates that your career goals align with the objectives of the program. Also state the concentration you plan to pursue: teaching, administration, or CTE Coordinator/Director of Instruction.
- Current resume.
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from a current supervisor, indicating characteristics and experience that make you a good candidate for the program.
For the CTE Coordinator/Director of Instruction concentration only, the following additional steps are required:
- Include a copy of a current or previous teaching license with application materials submitted to the Graduate School.
- Complete a National Background Check.
A deficiency in these requirements does not preclude admission but may involve additional steps to obtain full admission to the program.