Welcome to the Advisement Center
During your first year at UW-Stout, you will work with an advisor from the Advisement Center who will help you:
- explore interests, abilities, and values as they relate to majors
- develop the skills needed for academic and professional success
- create informed academic plans for timely graduation
- understand and take advantage of campus resources
- interpret policies, procedures, and requirements
- provide individual career exploration services
First-Year Freshmen Students
Special/Non-Degree Seeking Students
Meet Your Advisors
The Advisement Center strives to challenge, support, and empower students to become independent and engaged citizens who take responsibility for achieving educational, personal, and career goals. With an emphasis on serving first year and undeclared students, and an advising philosophy grounded in psychosocial, cognitive, and career development theory, the Advisement Center provides a variety of unique services to support holistic student success.
The Advisement Center is a campus leader in the areas of academic advising, career and student development. We are valued by students as a knowledgeable and supportive resource to help them achieve their goals.