Over 1,000 campus parking spaces are available within a four block walk of the Recreation/Athletic Complex. These spaces are located in safe, secure, well lighted, police patrolled parking facilities. It is strongly recommended that persons attending athletic events park in a campus parking lot rather than on a less secure city street.
All campus parking is regulated for a authorized permit (your license plate is your permit) or paid pay station during hours of parking regulation. Hours of regulation are posted at the entrance of each parking lot.
Hours of regulation
University Housing parking lots, including lots 4 and 34 near the Rec Complex, are regulated for a valid authorization 24 hours per day from 9 PM Sunday night through 1 PM Friday. Persons attending athletic events may park in Lot 4 only on the weekend, from 1 PM Friday through 9 PM Sunday, and not in a signed reserved space.
Other lots near the Rec Complex (lots 18, 27, 29) are regulated as follows:
- Days: 7 AM - 4 PM, Monday through Friday - Requires an authorized permit or payment of a pay station.
- Evenings: 4 PM - 2 AM, Monday through Thursday - Does not require the an authorized permit or payment of a pay station. Only restricted and reserved parking spaces are regulated.
- Weekends: 4 PM Friday through 2 AM Monday - Does not require an authorized permit or payment of a pay station. Only restricted and reserved parking spaces are regulated.
- Overnight: 2 AM - 7 AM every day - Parking is prohibited.
Valid Parking Spaces
Valid parking spaces are defined as within striped pavement markings in a paved lot and fully inside end-of-row signs in gravel lots. Any area not specifically identified as a parking space, per the above, is a prohibited parking zone for any amount of time. Take care to not park in reserved/restricted spaces which are regulated 24 hours every day. Reserved/restricted spaces are signed restricting their use for a specific purpose, e.g. X-Permit Required, Disabled, Physical Plant, etc.
- Important: Regulation of signed/reserved spaces and any area not specifically designated as a parking space is in effect at all times, including during events.
- Parking for any event, taking place outside of our normal hours of regulation, is free.
- Parking for any event, taking place during of our normal hours of regulation, is by special arrangement with Police & Parking Services. Check with the event organizer, or Police & Parking Services, if an event is during normal hours of permit regulation. If no special arrangements are in place, see additional parking recommendations are listed below.
Recommended parking areas
During the day: 7 AM - 4 PM, Monday through Friday:
- Pay a pay station (university lot 29) or meter (city)
- Park legally on a city street
During the evening: 4 PM - 2 AM, Monday through Thursday:
- Lot 29 (on 13th Ave, directly east of the Recreation & Athletic Complex) is the best evening parking location.
- Consult the campus map for several other parking lots located within a few blocks of the Recreation & Athletic Complex.
Weekends: Friday, 4 PM - Sunday, 9 PM:
- Lot 29 (on 13th Ave, directly east of the Recreation/Athletic Complex) is available until 2 AM Monday morning.
- Lot 4 (between the Recreation & Athletic Complex and Broadway St.) and Lot 34 (13th Ave and 6th St. E.) are available from 4 PM Friday until 9 PM Sunday evening.
- All other center campus parking lots (consult campus map) are available from 4 PM Friday until 2 AM Monday.
Athletic Department visitors/recruits
Individuals visiting Athletic Department offices/staff should contact the Physical Education and Athletics Department to request authorization.
Short term loading/unloading near athletic facilities requires authorization from Police & Parking Services. Contact the parking office prior to loading/unloading to obtain a permit.
Vendors needing to park near athletic events should contact the Physical Education and Athletics Department to receive authorization. Athletics Department staff will coordinate the parking arrangements.
Standard ADA compliant parking spaces are provided in all campus parking lots. If you have a need for more accessible parking than standard parking areas provide, please call Police & Parking Services at (715) 232-1792 to arrange the accommodation that meets your needs.
Disabled parking spaces are available in Lots 4 and 29. Display of a state-issued disabled permit is required to park in a signed disabled space.
Buses are prohibited from parking in an area where their presence will block a drive lane, fire lane, walkway, or create a visual obstruction or hazard to either vehicular or pedestrian traffic. Bus operators should contact Police & Parking Services to receive authorization. Parking for team buses in special areas may be arranged by contacting either the Athletic Department or Police & Parking Services. Smaller buses may be authorized to park in a parking lot within two "head to head" parking spaces if the bus fits within the striped limits of the parking space and doesn't project into the drive lanes.
Buses may drop off and pick up near the Stadium/Sports & Fitness Center but they cannot park in parking lots near the stadium. After dropping passengers off, buses should park in Lot 24 (see campus map) or find street parking while the game is taking place.