Virtual Exchange Defined
- Virtual Exchange was a term publicly adopted by the Virtual Exchange Coalition in 2011. The definition was refined by the Erasmus-funded EVOLVE project in 2018. Attributes of “virtual exchange” include”
- Practice supported by research
- Sustained people-to-people education activities/programs
- Technology-enabled constructive communication and interactions
- The Stevens Initiative adopted the term virtual exchange as did the European Commission when it launched the ERASMUS+ project in 2018 which further validated the “virtual exchange” definition.