Who is Stout Online?
At Stout Online, our staff is dedicated to the needs of online and distance instructors who teach customized instruction (CI) programs or courses. Currently, we provide support to students, instructors, program directors, and departments in the delivery of more than 44 CI programs, certificates, and certifications.
Who are our students?
Our students have been from more than 36 countries and 45 states and are an average age of 37.5. They enroll in advanced, graduate, and undergraduate degrees, certificates and certifications, and coursework for professional development.
What is CI?
Customized Instruction (CI) refers to specialized educational programming designed for a specific population and delivered in a nontraditional manner.The customized aspects of the instruction of these programs include populations served; assurance of course delivery; delivery methods; and delivery times and dates.
These programs are built to be self-sustaining; as such, CI tuition covers the entire cost of customized instruction (including payment of salaries, fringe benefits, and supplies), university overhead, academic support, and other related costs.
Thank you for working in collaboration with our department to teach a customized instruction (CI) course! You are now an integral part of helping our students reach their educational, professional, and personal goals.
Human Resources Checklist
The following Action Items must be completed before you begin work at UW-Stout:
- Contract (signed and returned)
- I-9 Form and related documents
- Direct Deposit Form
- W-4/Self ID Form
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Confidentiality Form (signed and dated)
- Transcripts (for all degrees)
Once these action items are completed and returned to HR as required, you will be assigned a username and ID number to complete the remainder of the Stout Online requirements.
UW-Stout Online Checklist
The following items must be completed before your course starts:
- Personal email, current address, current vitae, SSN and date of birth to Jennifer Lonsdorf | 715.232.2693
- Completed and returned background check - sent to your email account
- Username and ID number are sent [to you] to activate your UW-Stout email
- Activate your UW-Stout Email