Welcome to UW-Stout - we are so excited to have you as a new student!
Week One Orientation is your next step in your transition to Stout. Week One has two components, an online course and sessions offered during the orientation days on campus, Monday, September 7th and Tuesday, September 8th.
Week One Canvas Course
The online course is comprised of 6 modules that need to be completed by Monday, September 14th. We encourage you to finish as many of the modules as youcan prior to the first day of classes.
- Each module will have three parts: a video, information to read over and a quiz.
- You must finish the module you are in to continue to the next.
- It is important that you review all the information provided.
It is important that you make connections to your peers and campus during the first few days. To accomplish this, we will have some in-person and virtual activities held on Monday and Tuesday before classes. Please check CONNECT and RSVP to join the fun!
On Campus Students
Students who are living on campus will be assigned an orientation group to move through some of the orientation sessions being offered. Please plan to be with your orientation group on Monday, September 7th and Tuesday, September 8th.
Commuting or Online Students
Students living off campus are not required to come to campus for in-person events however, If you would like to join us for orientation events on campus, please email email@example.com.
Textbooks can be picked up from Instructional Resources on campus. If you live outside of the 25 mile radius of campus you can request your books be mailed by following the distance education textbook request form (link below). If you are within the 25 mile radius of campus, you will need to set-up an appointment to pick-up your books by calling, 715-232-2492 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an online student you can order your textbooks by filling out the Distance Education Textbook Request Form.
Software Tools for Success
Consider downloading these additional apps on your phone. These tools will help you to be successful while here at Stout.
- Canvas Student: Canvas is our online classroom (similar to blackboard which you may have used in high school).
- Microsoft Teams: Teams is a microsoft tool for meetings similar to Zoom. We will be using Teams for our live sessions during orietnation. You will gain access using your Stout credentials after enrollment, prior to enrollment you can access events as a guest in Teams.
- Navigate: Navigate is your student success tool which you will use to schedule appointments with your advisor, view to-do items and more! You will gain access using your Stout credentials after enrollment.