This program will be offered virtually January 25 - February 19, 2021. Learn more here!
Experience the winter wonders of Wisconsin. It’s cold, but you are guaranteed to enjoy the snow (snowball fights, snow skiing, snow tubing, snowmen & snow angels) and ice (fishing, castles, skating & hockey) outside, and warm the soul inside by meeting some of America’s most welcoming people! The UW-Stout spring terms start at the same time, and Stout students are eager to meet and befriend you. Join them by choosing to participate in countless club activities, take in a UW-Stout Blue Devil basketball game, and meet families in the local community through our community program. Learn English with the “standard” American accent from professional ESL instructors at our CEA accredited Institute. Enjoy shopping at the Mall of America, a visit to Olaf, Ana, and Elsa at the Ice Castle in Stillwater, or perhaps a snow skiing/tubing trip to Duluth, and take in the stunning skyscrapers, world-class museums, and famous foods of Chicago.
Explore more Wisconsin winter fun.
- Oral communication lessons (speaking & listening)
- U.S. culture lessons
- Conversation partner program
- American friendship family program
- On-campus (or nearby) housing
- All ground transportation, including to/from MSP airport
- Weekday lunch meal plan
- Student insurance plan
- A variety of cultural activities
- Weekend excursions (typically every Saturday), including the Minneapolis/St. Paul and Chicago (overnight trip)
- and more!
How to apply:
Students interested in applying for our short-term summer programs will complete a two-step application process:
- Begin your application by clicking the green APPLY icon below
- complete the web-based form
- Next, complete the UW System Application. Please use the Short Term Student Application Completion Instructions to complete the application.
After these steps are complete, we will contact you with instructions on how to make payment.